“Seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
So many different religions, philosophies, sects…
So many claims and counter-claims…
How much would we give to find the truth?
“God’s word is truth” is the claim the Bible makes for itself. Many have tested that claim and been satisfied.
Here is the unique voice of divine authority, an unshakable foundation on which to build our lives.
Helpful Bible references to consider
- Many spend their lives looking for happiness, for whatever they think may bring happiness – money, fame, success of some sort.Many are disappointed.
(Luke 12:13-15; 1Timothy 6:6-10)
- Through his Word, God promises happiness to those who seek for glory and honour through him.But can we trust that promise?How can we test it for ourselves?Many religions make promises to their adherents – how can we find ‘the truth’?
(Romans 2:7; Matthew 7:7-12; John 17:17)
- It is our privilege to be able to read God’s Word, to search out its message, and to test it in our lives.The consistent theme of human redemption (the ‘good news’) that runs through the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation is unique evidence that this is God’s revelation to us.
(2 Timothy 3:14-17: Luke 24:27; Galatians 3:8-9; Acts 26:22-23)
- Only in Christ is salvation to be found.No other religion promises hope through a God-given redeemer(1 Corinthians 3:11; Acts 4:10-12)
- There are many false prophets and false spirits whose words we must test and reject.
(1 John 4:1; Isaiah 8:19-20)
- In finding ‘the truth’, we will find real happiness now and the prospect of perfect life in the future.
(1 Timothy 4:7-8: Proverbs 3:13-18)